Best Boots For Working On A Farm - A Brief Guide For Men
As a farmer, your safety cannot be compromised. As you work in different landscapes and weather patterns your feet need to be as comfortable and as secure as possible. This guide will equip you to make the most informed choice to help you secure the best boots to protect your feet as you work on a farm all day.
One key thing to getting the best farming boots is to understand your terrain and the general environment you work on. This will make it easier to target your choice of boots.
7 Best Boots For Working On A Farm
1. Servus Comfort Technology 14" PVC Steel Toe Men's Work Boots, Steel Toe
Durable, comfortable and protective hard wearing boots available for a budget price. Waterproof and suitable for all round farm work.
2. Dunlop 8677512 Chesapeake Boots, 100% Waterproof PVC, Lightweight and Durable Protective Footwear
Tough, budget price and low maintenance farm work boots with a contemporary design. The boots offer great traction and stability.
3. Tingley 31151 Economy SZ12 Kneed Boots for Agriculture, 15-Inch, Black
Abrasion resistant boots with brilliant traction. They come at one of the lowest prices you can find anywhere.
4. Servus Comfort Technology 14" PVC Soft Toe Men's Work Boots
Stable comfortable boots with great traction available at a budget price. The boots are easy to put on and off.
5. Ariat Groundbreaker Pull-On Work Boots
Durable, comfortable western/cowboy style boots design for all day work. They can be used for various types of work including farming, construction and even everyday casual wear.
6. Golden Fox 12" Work Boots Pull On Wellington Wedge Lightweight Outsole for Construction Farming and Ranching
Very light and quite comfortable easy to wear and clean boots that will offer all day support. They are designed to maximize comfort and safety without compromising on performance.
7. Servus Iron Duke 15" PVC Polyblend Men's Steel Toe Work Boots, Black & Gray (18801)
Protective, comfortable, warm boots ideal for landscaping and farm work. They are available at a budget price and will keep your feet safe in muddy and hazardous terrains.
A Men’s Guide To Buying Boots For Working On A Farm
Finding a good and durable pair of boots is a complicated task for every single farmer around the world. Farmers are exposed to various materials including rocks, farm chemicals, muck and mud. Such materials can be harmful for their feet if they don’t take the necessary precautions.
Several brands and types of boots are expensive high price does not necessarily mean high quality. This guide will give you some advice and recommendations to help make you more systematic and well-rounded as you search for your next pair of farming boots.
There are several elements to take into account when selecting farming boots for men. All of them should be examined. It is crucial for farmers to have good all round protection. They work really hard every day, with almost no rest at the peak of the farming season.
1. Primary elements to consider
It is easy to concentrate on seeking only a durable pair of boots. The ground on which the work is done may be all that friendly to unprotected feet. Many webpages recommend some actions to improve how long the boots will last. One of these is the periodical change of insoles. They (insoles) are cheap, easy to find, and also easy to change. Insoles are crucial for the durability of the boots and the comfort of the feet.
Finding a good pair of farming boots is not that simple, but by taking into account the characteristics below, the process can be a little easier. Some of the most important elements to consider when acquiring a new pair of farming boots include toe protection, soles, construction type and materials.
2. Toe protection
Toes are a sensitive part of the human body. Hurting a single toe can be unbearingly painful. Working on a farm can be dangerous especially for the feet. Farmers usually work with heavy tools and lift heavy packs. It is necessary to have some toe protection. Here are some of the best materials to protect the toes.
Steel Toe: Some boots have a steel toe, which is mainly designed for toe protection. This (steel toe) can make the boots a little heavier, but in exchange, it keeps the toes safe. Steel toes are not too expensive. One other disadvantage is that the steel toe is a good conductor of heat, so if a farmer is working in a hot area, his toes will be warm. If the farmer is in a cold area, boots will conduct that cold and it will make his toes cold.
Aluminum Toe: This material makes the boots a little bit lighter than the ones with steel toes. It brings the same protection as the steel toe but without conducting heat as much. These toes keep the body heat in the feet and toes at a near normal level.
Composite Toe: These boot toes are made of carbon fiber, plastic, or even Kevlar. This makes composite toe boots the perfect boots for heavy work. Composite toes are lighter than steel toes and protect very well from accidents. They are poor conductors of heat which will help keep toe temperature at or as close to the normal level as possible.
Soles are a crucial factor in determining the quality and duration of a pair of boots. This is the part of the boots that is in contact with the ground. Hard materials like rocks, mud and muck are very harmful for the soles. The sole also receives all the impact of a farmer’s steps. It is very imperative that you examine the soles’ construction materials. Before checking the material of the soles, first consider the ground on which you will use the boots.
Rubber sole: these are the most common in agriculture work. Rubber soles are also good for factory work. Rubber soles are slip-resistant. They also absorb most of the footsteps impact helping make the boots comfortable.
TPU sole: is very similar to rubber, but a little better. It lasts longer than rubber. This sole can resist oils and even corrosive chemicals. It is slip-resistant. TPU soles protect farmers’ feet from injuries that may occur when stepping on hard materials. TPU soles are very reliable.
4. Construction of boots
There are 2 main construction types and the welted construction allows for a longer duration of the boots by making it possible to replace the soles.
Cement construction: in this case, the sole is directly cemented to the upper part of the boot. The boots are lighter. Working with these boots is easier and more comfortable. However, the sole can’t be replaced. This diminishes the boots lifetime
Welted construction: the upper side of the boot and the sole are stitched along with a leather strip. The boot can be a little heavier. Yet, the sole can be fully replaced as many times as possible. It improves the duration of the boots. Also is a very useful feature for those farmers who work in different grounds. This way they can just replace the sole according to the ground, instead of having many different pairs of boots.
This is the most significant element when considering the durability of the boots. The choice of materials must be dictated by the ground and the work area. Having the wrong material can reduce the duration of the boots’ life.
Waterproof materials: these supplies are an ally of many different materials. They increase the boots life. These materials are also considered to be some of the best in the market. Although waterproof boots are a little expensive in some cases, they are completely worth it.
Nylon mesh: Nylon works well for warm environments because it allows for the free circulation of air. It is fresh and comfortable. Nylon boots do not last for long but they are very useful and reliable for relatively smooth farming surfaces.
Full-grain leather: Leather protects very well. Most of the leather boots are water-resistant. Leather boots are durable and last for long. These can endure for six months, or far more than a year. However, leather boots are generally heavy and harder to put on/off. These boots are a little uncomfortable because of their low flex. Nevertheless, leather boots are a very reliable and an efficient solution for farm work. They can be used in many different grounds without getting damaged.
6. Quick reviews of boots for farmers
Many different brands can be found in the market. All of them offer different features. The list below provides some information about great farming footwear.
- Muck Chore Classic Men’s Rubber Boots: The Muck Company specializes in designing boots that help farmers and workers to stay dry, fit and comfortable. This model of boots has a rubber outsole that keeps the feet stable and protected. Its upper part is made of synthetic materials that improve the flexibility. Its 5mm lining is waterproof and shock absorbent.
- Redback Boots USABK Outback Lace-up Steel-Toe: These boots have a simple and minimal design, but are very adaptable. The upper part is made of 100% leather, which improves the life of the boots. Farmers can wear these boots in other places different from work, and they will still looking elegant and classy. The outsole is made of rubber, and it resists water, oil, and corrosive chemicals and acids.
- AdTec Men’s 8-inch Farm Boot-M: This model of boots is very soft and comfortable for farmers. These are made of leather, which allows the farmer to have a wide range of maneuvers. Their thick outsole provides the best traction on any kind of terrain. They are ideal for muddy grounds, Rocky Mountains and sloppy places. These boots don’t have a steel toe, which makes them light and comfortable to wear.
- Dunlop Purofort Thermo + Full Safety Shoes: This is a well-known brand. Its quality is recognized as one of the best in the market. This model of boots is designed for heavy works. They are little heavy, but easy to put on and off. These boots are completely comfortable to wear and walk in. The deep grooves on their outsoles gives an astonishing traction in different terrains. They are slip-resistant and also work like an anchor in muddy grounds. These boots also resist dangerous chemicals. They are durable.
- Wolverine Men’s SR Direct-Attach 6″ Work Boot: These boots are made of 100% leather, and are durable. They have compression pads in the heel. Their footbeds work along with the compression pads, so that the boots absorb heavy shocks efficiently. These boots are comfortable and light. Their low design provides a wide range of movement and freedom. Farmers can wear these boots the whole day without squeezing their feet.
These are some useful advice for man to buy working boots. Considering them can be really helpful when deciding what type of boots you should get. The most significant things to take into account are the type of ground and the comfort. Being a farmer is not an easy job. Taking care of your feet and legs is very crucial. Follow these recommendations to get the best boots for yourself.