Best Shoes For Walking And Standing All Day - A Practical Guide For Men
Walking is one of the best, most tried, and tested forms of exercise. For many, walking is not just a form of exercise, it is a necessity governed by the nature of their work. The same is true for standing all day. Whether walking or standing all day for work or to stay fit and healthy, there are astonishing pieces of advice which will at least enlighten you on best practice and equip you to make more informed decisions.
This short guide will help you discover the key qualities to focus on when choosing the best men's boots for walking and standing all day. It will help you maximise the health benefits of walking and minimise the negative effects of walking and standing all day. You will be able to better plan for walking expeditions.
These Are The Best Shoes For Walking And Standing All Day
1. Skechers Men's Classic Fit-Delson-Camden Sneaker
Comfortable well built high quality all day shoes. Breathable lightweight and easy to slip on. They radiate a fresh cool classy aura and are also suitable for semi formal wear. Shoelaces on these shoes are for aesthetics / decoration.
2. Skechers Men's Afterburn Memory-Foam Lace-up Sneakers
Tough, suitable for heavy duty but comfortable lightweight and athletic. These lace up sneakers are also at home in casual wear and will see you through different terrains with ease.
3. Skechers Men's Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
Well built comfortable lace up sneakers with an excellent design which is at home in running, walking, daily casual wear and even at work. Available in 5 colors including black and dark grey.
4. Skechers for Work 77055 Cankton Athletic Steel Toe work sneaker
Beautifully constructed durable sneaker to provide comfort and safety at work all day. They offer electrical hazard protection and will make walking and standing all day in a factory, shop, warehouse and other environments much easier and less stressful.
5. Rockport Men's Chranson Walking Shoe
Lightweight, sporty, stylish and comfortable and well built to add ease to your step and style to your dress code. They are adjustable cushioned and designed to see you through the day in style.
6. Troadlop Mens Sneakers Slip on Mens Laceless Tennis Shoes Knitted Breathable Running Walking Athletic Shoes
Very comfortable, lightweight supportive slip on shoes designed to get the mission accomplished. They are at home whether you are walking, running, working, having a workout in the gym or cycling and are suitable for everyday casual wear.
7. QANSI Men's Sneakers Non Slip Work Shoes Ultra Lightweight Breathable Athletic Running Walking Gym Tennis Shoes
Extremely light, low budget, comfortable athletic shoes which are suitable for a wide range of occasions. They offer great support and are a great choice for everyday casual use.
8. Feetmat Men's Non Slip Gym Sneakers Lightweight Breathable Athletic Running Walking Tennis Shoes
Comfortable, high quality, versatile lightweight shoes. They are multipurpose and able to provide all day support. They are available for a budget price.
9. Reebok Work Leelap Men's Steel Toe Shoes
Safe comfortable work shoe which offers electrical hazard protection. Lightweight and stylish but tough enough to meet the challenges of any environment. They are suitable for walking and daily casual use.
10. Merrell Men's Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoes
Well built shoe designed for trail running, walking, hiking and work. These shoes are comfortable, hardwearing and easy to break into.
A Men's Guide To Buying Shoes For Walking And Standing All Day
If you are a practical and active man, one of those who keep busy all day long, going from one place to another, doing various activities, you will know that you will not find better support than a pair of shoes that will keep your feet comfortable and relaxed even during the longest days. This men´s guide to buying shoes for walking and standing all day will equip you with handy tips ahead of your next purchase.
1. Tips To Keep In Mind
- Good footwear that provides comfort, support and good support when walking is well valued by those people who due to their work or personal responsibilities; have to stay away from home and walk long distances on concrete or other surfaces.
- If you think that the importance of a good pair of shoes in daily life is being overestimated, you are wrong; because good footwear will not only keep your feet safe from injuries caused by rubbing against a too hard material, or from the pain of unsupported and too hard insoles. Good footwear will help you preserve your good mood and physical condition
- Guess which part of the body is responsible for receiving most of the body´s weight? You've got it right; yes. it's precisely your feet. With good footwear you will be able to protect your body from injuries like: lumbago and wear out in the joints that can degenerate into major problems in the long-term. That is why it is so important.
- To make sure that the foot feels comfortable inside that shoe. Before focussing on a design or the aesthetics of the shoe, it is necessary to start from the well-being that it is able to provide to your feet.
- Try your chosen shoes and walk in them. This is the only way you can be sure they will fit. Many men when rushing to choose a shoe that they just happened to put on later realize that they are too tight or that they rub in certain areas, but it may be too late to return them.
- Make sure you're getting quality footwear, with materials that are strong and soft to the touch. Similarly analyze the type of sole. It is good that it is flexible enough to provide you with maximum comfort at every step. Especially if you must remain standing for long periods of time or taking long walks.
- Make sure that the toe box has enough space for your toes to be at ease. A tip that is too tight can be very painful and in the long run can contribute to certain deformations.
- Prolonged use of footwear that hinders the comfort of your feet can cause circulatory problems, cramps and fatigue. Take into account the advice that has been given in this respect, to maintain the good health of your feet and joints.
2. General Characteristics Of good Footwear For Walking All Day
Regardless of the type of design, the most important thing is that your footwear is capable of providing you:
- Excellent cushioning and support. An interior where your foot feels like it's inside a glove.
- Lightweight. For walking and staying active most of the day, there is no better pair of companions than shoes that are light enough to make you feel really comfortable.
- Support in the middle zone of the foot. Many men suffer from flat feet and therefore require the design of a special insole; to provide the correct support that gives in each step the necessary comfort to free it of any tension.
- Adjustment and traction. Footwear with the right support allows the foot to perform its walking action without being conditioned by any type of tension. In addition, the foot will always remain in place.
- The traction of a good rubber sole. The sole should be flexible, resistant and of quality will ensure you a slip and fall free walk.
Proper footwear will allow you to walk comfortably and safely, allowing you to maintain a correct posture that will keep your lower back; hips, knees, ankles and feet free from any tension that could affect your health in the long run.
The choice of good footwear is also linked to your good health.
3. Final Comments
Having footwear that provides you with the support and cushioning; built with quality materials that immerse your feet in authentic comfort, is the perfect formula for continuing with your daily activities, without any type of tension on your feet.
This applies in all areas: whether you plan to take a walk outdoors, go shopping, attend work or a meeting with friends. If you don't have adequate footwear, it will only take a couple of hours for the discomfort in your legs and feet above all; to make you want to go home early, nothing more than to get away from those shoes.
The ideal is to make the effort and take the necessary time to verify through the characteristics of the footwear if they will be the suitable ones for you. Remember that not all men have the same type of foot. Some even suffer from certain specific discomforts such as flat feet and plantar fasciitis, for example; and others have a foot that is too wide in relation to the great majority.
If you are a man who likes to maintain activities that involve moving from one side to another by walking, the most sensible thing is to choose to find the footwear that fits your particular needs, both in quality, style, size, support and comfort.
How To Relieve Leg Pain After Working All Day
There are many activities, whether work or leisure, in which we must stand for many hours. This usually ends with discomfort in the lower body, back and neck. There are several things we can do to relieve leg pain after standing all day. Practical tips in this short guide will help you avoid or at least minimize discomfort to your feet.
Leg pain is generated by various factors and one of the most common ones is standing for many hours. Other factors like poor posture or even excessive exercise can also damage the leg muscles. Likewise, poor blood circulation and excess weight can lead to varicose veins and other problems.
A. Consequences of standing for a long time
One of the first symptoms that we notice when we stand for a long time is that our legs and feet start to swell. Muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints become numb causing stiffness and other long-term injuries and arthritis.
Knee pain is a common symptom of standing for a long time. Pain can also be felt in the feet, since it is on these that the full force of our weight is felt most. In addition, without the appropriate footwear or if we are overweight, tiredness and pain can be greater. That is why it is recommended that shoes with heels should be avoided for standing for long periods of time.
Cramps are a very uncomfortable and can occur after standing for long hours.
These are just some of the consequences that arise after standing for a long time. Now, it is necessary to clarify that it is not necessary to resort to complex and expensive treatments to alleviate the pain in the legs after standing all day.
B. Tips for relieving pain after prolonged standing
- Whether it is an event, concert, or even a workday, try to keep yourself in constant motion. Also, try to sit down for at least 5 or 10 minutes.
- Massage your legs and feet. You can give yourself a massage starting with your toes, go up to your knees. This improves blood circulation.
- Take a foot bath in a container where you can immerse your feet in warm water. You can add salt and essential oils. Little by little you can add ice until your feet fall asleep, reducing the swelling.
- Elevate your feet. Raise your feet and support them on a surface where they remain above your body level, you can lean on the wall or on pillows. This improves circulation and reduces swelling.
C. Easing leg pain with basic care
Now if you want to relieve the pain in your legs in a more specific way, you can opt for this basic care.
C1. Ice for sore exercise muscles
In case you have done a lot of exercises, you can use an ice pack wrapped in a towel and place it directly on the area where it bothers you or where you feel pain. Avoid having the ice for more than 15 minutes, but you can do it up to 4 times a day.
C2. Hydration and Stretching for Cramps
Standing all day can also generate many cramps, which are abrupt and involuntary contractions of the muscles and can be painful and uncomfortable. Cramps can even occur at night when you least expect it.
Cramps are usually caused by standing for many hours, as well as by dehydration or lack of nutrients in the body. To alleviate or minimize the occurrence of cramps you should keep yourself sufficiently hydrated during the day. You should also pay attention to your diet and check if you are lacking some nutrients and minerals or that you are consuming them in low or insufficient proportions.
In any case, when you get a cramp, you should gently massage and stretch the muscle that is having the cramp. In case your foot cramps, stretch the calf muscle. Most cramps occur on the feet. Another option for relieving foot cramps is to rest and relax on the floor.
C3. Look for proper footwear
Sometimes the problem of tiredness from standing all day can be the result of wearing the wrong shoes. Check that the shoes do not have wear or irregularities on the inside. This can make it difficult to walk properly or even maintain the correct posture when standing.
In case you notice irregularities with your shoes, or you know they are not the right ones, then buy comfortable shoes that have good support and that fit perfectly to your feet. Shoes should never be tight. You should avoid old, uneven, and broken shoes. These can make you feel tired faster.
C4. Exercise your muscles
Spending 30 minutes on an exercise routine or physical activity can be enough to build up more resistance in your muscles.
Most physical activities require the use of your legs, so almost any activity would benefit you. As your muscles become stronger, you will feel less tired. These are some of the exercises you can do to increase the resistance in your legs:
- Weight-bearing exercises on machines.
- Walking or jogging.
- Going up and downstairs.
C5. Improve Circulation
All the above tips can help you improve your circulatory system, both in your legs and in the rest of your body. By improving blood circulation, you will also relieve pain and heaviness. However, to improve circulation you can also opt for more specific exercises such as physiotherapy and taking other health enhancing medicines and agents.
If you have been practicing some of the tips we mentioned and you are not able to relieve the pain in your legs after standing all day, it is advisable that you should consult your doctor. If you have bruises or an unnatural skin color, it is best that you consult your doctor.
How To Walk Long Distances Without Pain
Hippocrates once said that walking is the best medicine for man. Not everyone gives walking the importance it deserves. Many assume that walking is boring, unattractive, and even unnecessary but that it is fundamental for your legs and general health.
While it is true that people should perform exercises like weightlifting and do high-impact workouts at times. When we focus on doing the same physical activity for a lifetime, the best option is walking.
Walking was for a time the main mechanism of transportation. At that time people did it out of necessity. As time went on, cars, elevators, escalators were invented, and everything changed. Today walking is simply something we do from the house to the car, from the car to the elevator, from the elevator to the desk, and so on.
Today, exercise is largely a voluntary decision. Walking long distances will allow you to stay healthy and energetic.
A. Benefits of walking
In addition to burning calories, there are several benefits that walking long distances can give you.
A1. It Helps the heart
If you want to keep your heart healthy you can walk long distances without pain, although short walks also benefit it. Studies show that walking reduces our triglyceride levels and blood pressure. There are even specialists who assure that walking is better than running, in terms of heart health.
A2. Lose weight
Short walks can help you stay healthy, but walking long distances causes the body to use more percentage of fat by burning more calories.
A4. Avoid being overweight
In both adults and the youth, long walks to school or at work reduce the chances of being overweight.
A5. Beneficial to the elderly
Several studies have shown that walking long distances without pain can benefit older people with cognitive impairments; it improves memory, decreases the risk of cataracts and even mortality.
Viewed from a risk-benefit standpoint, walking long or short distances is one of the healthiest activities for older or seriously fit people.
B. Walking without pain
Walking is the most economical transportation mechanism, but without the proper considerations, walking long distances can become painful.
To be able to walk long distances without pain, there are several factors to consider. One of the first things you should know is that humans tend to behave differently when they know they are being watched, so it can affect the end result of what you want to achieve. Just by measuring your steps, you can start walking more. Various technical devices can aid your walking, they can help you measure mileage, speed, establish alternate routes, etc.
If you want to walk long distances without pain, then you should first start with short walks for a few minutes then gradually increase the distance and minutes as your muscles get stronger. Before doing so, make sure you have the right footwear. If you are going to walk in parks, tracks, sidewalks, and smooth surfaces it is better to have sports shoes, which adapt well to the foot, and which are designed for walking. In case you are going to walk through the mountains, you will need another type of more specific footwear.
If you already have some time walking, try to set a goal of 10,000 steps a day, this would be equivalent to about 7-8 km, but if you feel you can keep going, continue as far as you can go without getting tired to the extreme.
Another factor that is very important for walking long distances without pain is to establish a rhythm that you can maintain throughout the journey. It is very important to always maintain the same pace, whether it is medium or fast since the acceleration and descent of the pace could fatigue you more quickly than expected.
C. Quick Tips for walking longer distances without pain
It is likely that at one time you felt the need to walk longer or make longer runs but the time is not enough or you do not have the proper preparation. But to begin to increase your habit of walking more and not feel pain at the time of walking you can consider the following ideas:
- See if you can walk before using the car.
- In case you must go by car, park it a little further away from your destination.
- If you use the subway or bus, you can walk around the station while you wait or get off at a stop before and walk to the destination station.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Walk while you talk on your mobile phone.
- If you are waiting to be attended to or to enter a place, walk around.
- Invite a colleague to walk instead of inviting him/her to a coffee.
- Instead of using the TV remote, get up, and change the channel. Or turn off the TV and go for a walk.
Many people complain that they don't walk enough or that they get tired too quickly, but it is because they don't take the right steps. But to walk long distances without pain you must have good preparation, starting from the micro to the macro, but without losing the rhythm.
Another thing that can motivate you to walk long distances is to walk through different paths, not to walk in circuits. Walking always in the same place can get boring, so the best thing is to do it freely, but always counting the steps or measuring the distance. Walking is a fun and healthy.
Why Do Retail Workers Have to Stand
A lot of workers including retail workers must stand for prolonged periods of time. This can lead to significant muscular over-exertion, mainly in the neck, back, and leg areas.
In the retail industry, workers generally must remain standing for long. Since these workers are generally promoting products or services to upright and mobile customers, standing is the right posture for quick effective communication with customers. There are many other types of jobs where people must stand, such as museum guards, security personnel, and even laboratory technicians and nurses.
Retail workers must be on their feet to make contact, interact, and convince all potential end-users and consumers to purchase the product or services. For any company that is promoting its products or services, it is important that its workers project and present their products in a positive manner and standing is one of the main ones. Retail workers should always be attentive and ready to offer advice and assistance to potential customers.
By standing up retail workers have a better and faster access to all possible customers. In addition, more tools can be used to make a better offer or promotion of the product. However, standing for a whole working day can be harmful to your health. Let us look at some of the risks and consequences that these retail workers can suffer.
A. Risks related to standing
Whether standing in a static position or moving the body will feel the impact over time. These are some of the risks of working standing for a long time:
- Muscle tension and fatigue in the neck, back, and legs. Standing for long periods of time decreases the blood flow in these areas (neck, back, legs) making them tired and tense, causing cramps and other ailments.
- Varicose veins. When the veins become inflamed very often, it is very probable that the person begins to suffer from varicose veins.
- Joints Problems. Being on your feet for many hours and consecutively can unleash problems in joints, knees, and the feet. There also is a risk of damaging tendons and ligaments, triggering rheumatic disorders.
B. Preventative measures to be considered by retail workers
Currently, there are several evaluation methods that allow us to study the type of workload and the extent to which the posture affects the health of the worker. Among the most popular are the Ovako Work Posture Analyzing System (OWAS) and the Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA), which can be used for a wide range of professions. However, there are also other methods for more specific occupations.
From research and interviews with professionals, it has become possible to deduce preventative measures that benefit all, or at least most, retail workers. These are some of the most prominent deductions:
- Install footrest surfaces on the counter. This measure is particularly for those workers who must remain standing in a static position. These supports are ideal for alternating the weight of the body on one foot and the other, thus unloading the weight from the lower back and legs. It is recommended that these surfaces are at least 20 cm from the floor.
- Install an auxiliary seat for the worker. This seat is to be used in times of rest. It is better if it has footrests.
- Adjust the table to the worker's needs. If the worker is in front of a table, it must be able to adapt to the employee's purpose. Each type of work may have different needs. If the work requires precision, it should be light, but it will require strength.
- Analyze the support surface. The harder the surface on which the worker does his work, the more fatigued he will be. If you are a company owner, opt for installing wood or rubber floors, which can affect the employee less. On the other hand, you can choose to install carpets that cushion the impact with the floor.
- Use the right footwear. To reduce fatigue, tiredness, and muscle ache it is important to use footwear that provides comfort and can be worn for long hours. When choosing a shoe for a working day where you will be standing, make sure you consider the following;
- That it is the right size, it should not be tight.
- Material that is flexible and allows perspiration without losing grip on the sole.
- Padded, non-slip insole and sole.
- Avoid high-heeled shoes.
- Establish rest periods. No matter how hard the workday, it should have a rest period where you can adopt postures that allow you to relax the muscles and even do stretching for the most affected muscles.
If you have been working for many hours standing in one place, start practicing each of these recommendations. Reduce all the possible risks and prepare yourself with the best conditions to face those hard days standing with tranquility and comfort. In addition, retail sales are a great opportunity to motivate you to start an exercise routine that can give you greater physical endurance, making the job much easier.
What To Take On A Walking Holiday
Vacations are the perfect time for many people, whether alone, with friends or family, to decide to travel for walks, excursions and other activities where they enjoy the scenery on foot. In addition, walks are a great opportunity to stay healthy, both for our body and our heart. However, when we decide to go on a walking holiday trip, it is necessary to have everything we may need on the walks, and that is why we bring you this post.
Once you have chosen your destination or route, it is time to identify everything you need to take with you. Many people make lists where they write down everything they may need, and as they pack their luggage, they mark them until they lack nothing. It is important to know everything you can or cannot find at your destination and to make the list taking into account all the possible precautions.
Whether you want to make your own list and make sure you bring everything you might need, here are some basics you should take on a walking holiday.
If you are going to walk, you will probably do it for several hours and for long routes, so it is important to keep your body hydrated. If the area you are going visiting is hot, you should keep yourself hydrated and not suffer from dehydration.
Do not settle for just carrying a bottle, since you don't know if you'll get more water on the way. Never sacrifice the amount of water you can carry to walk, even when you don't have room and have to take something out of your bag. You should also consider carrying energy drinks, which can replenish and energize you.
Snacks are handy for walking vacation trips. They help you maintain energy levels providing better performance on your walks. You can choose from whole grain bars, fruit, seeds, sandwiches, cakes, and other such foods. You should not eat too much to maintain peak performance
3. First Aid Kit
Having a first aid kit is essential for any activity you want to do. Yes, even for a simple walk. However, you shouldn't carry a whole operating room with you either. You only need to bring alcohol, bandages, absorbent cotton, scissors, and gauze. All these things are usually not heavy and do not take up much space. You can also add some medications such as muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatories, and other similar ones. If you have your own medication, do not forget to take it along it with you.
Regardless of the area where you are going to walk, be it hot or warm, it is important to have a coat. Weather patterns can vary in unpredictable ways, so it is best if we have a water resistant coat on hand during your walk. The coat will protect you against the cold, and in case you are walking in the sun it can protect you against unexpected rainfall and the resultant sudden drops in temperature. It does not have to be a huge coat, a jacket or sweater might be enough. It depends on the area where you are going to walk, but always try to wear something that protects your arms and head from the sun, rain, or even snow.
5. Blocker, repellent, and lip balm
At all times it is essential that you protect yourself from the sun during any outdoor walk. Remember to always carry sunscreen in your backpack and use it, as well as a lip balm to prevent dehydration and chapping. Always make sure your sunscreen is 50 or more. On the other hand, don't forget to have an insect repellent on hand, especially when you walk in humid areas or are surrounded by vegetation.
6. Hat and dark glasses
Wearing a hat or cap helps protect your head from the sun, as do glasses to protect your eyes. They can also protect you from rain and dust. Make sure your lenses are polarized to ensure better protection for your eyes.
If you are willing to take long walks, where the afternoon or evening may catch up with you, a flashlight will come in handy. If you are going to go through caves, tunnels and poorly lit areas you should have a flashlight handy.
It is very likely that wherever you decide to go for a walk, in case of natural environments, you will find some source of water such as rivers, waterfalls or lagoons where you can get wet. In addition, the towel can also be used to dry your sweat during the walk.
9. Plastic bags
Plastic bags are handy on a walking holiday. They can be used to store food or garbage during the walk. Remember not to throw anything on the ground. Another function of the plastic bags is to use is for storing dirty clothes.
Walking is an important activity and you not only exercise, but also get to know the world in a different way. If you are planning to go on a walking holiday, pack the above tips and what you think is convenient or what you may need will set you on course for a successful walking holiday.